Next time someone top trumps you at the pub with an amazing fact, you can up your game and come back with one of these 16 verified beauties.
1. We went to the moon before we thought to put wheels on suitcases.
2. In 1956, for a bet and while drunk, a man stole a small plane from New Jersey and then landed it perfectly on the narrow street in front of the bar he had been drinking at. Then, two years later, he did it again after a man didn’t believe he had done it the first time.
3. Can openers weren’t invented until 48 years after the invention of cans.
4. There is a planet that has a surface temperature of 800 degrees but due to the gravity the water molecules are compressed to ice. So it’s covered in super hot ice.
5. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
6. 14 years before the Titanic sank Morgan Robertson wrote a book about a huge ship called the Titan hitting an iceberg and sinking, with many dying due to lack of life rafts.
7. Months before 9/11 an episode of The Lone Gunmen, a spin off of The X-Files, had an episode where the government attempted to crash planes into the World Trade Center tower, and then blamed terrorist cells from the middle east. All to spark an endless war, which was all designed to increase weapon manufactoring, increasing profit for men behind it.
8. A tiger with bad teeth killed 430 people, more than all wolf, bear, spider, and snake deaths in the past 100 years in the US. Because of the bad teeth it couldn’t hunt its preferred prey so went after humans.
9. Α moose can dive underwater down tо nearly twenty feet in search оf food.
10. The founder of Match.com lost his girlfriend to a guy she met on Match.com
11. There are more ways to arrange a standard deck of cards than there are atoms in the solar system.
12. The job with the highest death rate in the USA is the position of President at 9%.
13. If 70 random people get together, there’s a 99.9% chance that two of them share the same birthday.
14. Sharks were on earth before trees
15. Brian May, the guitarist from Queen, has a PhD in astrophysics.
16. Female kangaroos have three vaginas.