Who doesn’t like playing games for free? Well, one of the most popular ways to do this in the world of online casinos is by claiming free spins bonuses… offered by many casinos to attract and retain players.
These bonuses give you the chance to enjoy slot games without risking your own money – while still having a chance to win real cash. In this quick guide, we’ll take you through the world of free spins – including how they work, the different types, and top tips for maximising your free spins experience.
Free spins are a type of casino bonus that allows you to spin the reels of a slot game without actually having to use your own money. You’ll generally be able to claim them as part of a promotion – either for signing up for a new account, making a deposit, or simply being rewarded for being a great existing player.
Here’s how free spins generally work…
- Receiving Free Spins: You receive a specific number of free spins for fulfilling certain requirements – usually, for depositing a certain amount of money. They generally come as part of a welcome bonus, a reload bonus or a loyalty program reward.
- Eligible Games: Free spins are usually tied to a specific slot game (or games) as chosen by the casino.
- Wagering Requirements: Most free spins come with wagering requirements, which means you will need to wager any winnings from the spins a certain number of times before you can withdraw the money.
- Time Limit: Usually, free spins will have an expiration date and if you don’t use them within the specified time, you’ll lose them.
- Maximum Win: There may also be a limit on how much you can win from free spins and anything you get beyond this may well be forfeited.
There are all sorts of types of free spins bonuses you may come across – each with its own characteristics for different types of players.
You can claim this type of bonus without making a deposit. They are an excellent way to try out a new casino… and some of its games without committing any of your own money. However, they often come with higher wagering requirements and maximum win limits.
These are awarded to players for making a deposit at the casino. They often come with lower wagering requirements than no-deposit free spins -and usually offer a larger number of spins – sometimes hundreds.
Part of the welcome package for new players, these spins are generally awarded alongside a deposit bonus when you open a new account at an online casino.
As an existing player, you might receive spins as part of an ongoing promotion, the launch of a new game – or even as part of a loyalty program. You will usually need to make a deposit into your account to claim the offer.
If you consider yourself a person who spends a lot of time and/or money on the site, then you may well be able to get access to exclusive free spins offers as part of a casino’s loyalty or high roller VIP program.
These are essentially spins that have a no wagering requirement… and they are rare but highly popular. No wager free spins let you keep all your winnings – without any wagering requirements at all!
So, if you want to make the most of your free spins – and give yourself the best chance of getting value for money, then consider the following these top tips:
- Make Sure You Read the Terms and Conditions: Be sure to carefully read and understand the terms of the free spins offer – choose an offer with lower wagering requirements, check the eligible games, expiry date and maximum win limits.
- Choose the Right Game: When fulfilling your wagering requirements, choose games that have a high return to player (RTP) percentage to give you better odds of winning. This will mean you have a better chance of winning back a decent percentage of the amount you have to spend.
- Manage Your Bankroll: Make sure you set a budget for your free spins session and stick to it. Don’t spend more than you can offer to complete the wagering requirements, avoid chasing losses and know when to walk away.
- Check the Expiry Date: Make sure you know the expiration date for your free spins and use them before they expire to avoid losing out.
Ultimately, free spins bonuses are a great way to enjoy online slots… while having a chance to win real money. However, it’s important before you claim any offer to read the terms and conditions, understand the wagering requirements, pay attention to the expiry date – and never spend more than you can afford to claim the bonus or winnings! As a side note, please always make sure you gamble responsibly.
So, good luck and happy spinning!